Dynamics GP – Error “Install Microsoft Word” when emailing a large number of Customer Statements

A client was experiencing the error “Install Microsoft Word” on the exception report for lots of statements when emailing a high volume of customer statements when running Dynamics GP 2013.

After searching online I found the following thread in the community forum https://community.dynamics.com/gp/f/32/t/137272

This mentioned the exact same issue and a user named Pam Robertson posted to advise of a fix in later versions of Dynamics GP.

I was curious to find this in the Microsoft documentation so I tracked down the fix list for Dynamics GP 2013 and a fix is indeed listed as per below for version 12.00.1920

I’ve since installed this at the client and can confirm it fixed the issue!

Therefore if you are on Dynamics GP 2013 (version 12.00.1920) or earlier and running into this issue applying this service will fix the issue.

A very quick post but I thought it worth putting out there in case anyone else encounters this issue and needs the evidence to show this is fixed in a later version of Dynamics GP.

Thanks for reading.

Dynamics GP – Error “This transaction contains multi – currency errors and can’t be posted” when posting Multi Currency Transactions

A client reported the following error on the posting journals when trying to post both Receivables and Payables Transactions. “This transaction contains multi-currency error(s)”

This transaction contains multicurrency errors

This was followed by a message informing them that the batch had gone to recovery.

I checked the usual things like exchange rate expiration dates however everything seemed fine.

The client then explained they had overwritten some exchange rates accidentally but had since changed these back however the error persisted.

I delved a little deeper using SQL and noticed that although the dates and rates were the same the TIME1 value in the MC020102 table for the transactions differed slightly from the TIME1 value in the DYNAMICS..MC00101 for the exchange rate in question.

Affected transaction showing differing TIME1 value from setup

As a test I changed one of the transactions by updating the TIME1 value in the MC020102 table to match the relevant TIME1 row in MC00100 using the script below.

UPDATE MCTRX 
SET    MCtrx.time1 = MC.time1 
FROM   mc020102 MCTRX 
       INNER JOIN dyn2018r2..mc00100 mc 
               ON mc.exgtblid = MCTRX.exgtblid 
                  AND mc.xchgrate = MCTRX.xchgrate 
                  AND mc.exchdate = MCTRX.exchdate 
WHERE  MCTRX.docnumbr = 'SALES00000001004'   

I then printed an edit list of the batch and the error had gone.

Now I knew how to fix the issue I realised I could also resolve this by just opening the transactions in the entry window and re-selecting the exchange rate however there were 1000’s of affected transactions so I used the script below. (this was affecting all multi currency transactions in WORK batches so I just had to filter on DCSTATUS)

UPDATE MCTRX 
SET    MCtrx.time1 = MC.time1 
FROM   mc020102 MCTRX 
       INNER JOIN dyn2018r2..mc00100 mc 
               ON mc.exgtblid = MCTRX.exgtblid 
                  AND mc.xchgrate = MCTRX.xchgrate 
                  AND mc.exchdate = MCTRX.exchdate 
WHERE  mc.time1 <> MCTRX.time1 
       AND DCSTATUS = 1   --add this so only WORK trx are affected

After running this script all sales transactions posted fine.

Next I turned to the payables transactions which just involved a small tweak to the original script and also an update to a different table to correct currencies for the multi currency payables payment batch header.

--First fix Payables multi currency trx

UPDATE MCTRX 
SET    MCtrx.time1 = MC.time1 
FROM   mc020103 MCTRX --Changed to MC020103 for payables trx 
       INNER JOIN dyn2018r2..mc00100 mc 
               ON mc.exgtblid = MCTRX.exgtblid 
                  AND mc.xchgrate = MCTRX.xchgrate 
                  AND mc.exchdate = MCTRX.exchdate 
WHERE  mc.time1 <> MCTRX.time1 
       AND DCSTATUS = 1 

--Also fix the batch header currency values for payment batches 

UPDATE batch 
SET    batch.time1 = mc.time1 
FROM   mc00500 batch --batch header multi currency table 
       INNER JOIN dynamics..mc00100 mc 
               ON mc.exgtblid = batch.exgtblid 
                  AND mc.xchgrate = batch.xchgrate 
                  AND mc.exchdate = batch.exchdate 
WHERE  mc.time1 <> batch.time1   

Once I’d ran through all this the transactions posted fine.

Hopefully this will help someone in the future who may face a similar issue however always remember to have a good backup of your data before running any SQL scripts and test whenever possible.

Thanks for reading